The Coalville Computer Nerd was closed to non-emergency work during much of the COVID-19 pandemic. As social distancing measures are lifted I will be reintroducing non-emergency services wherever it’s possible to do so safely. Most of the services offered will change in some way to reduce the risk of transmitting the COVID-19 virus.
The following changes will be in place over the COVID-19 pandemic and reassessed regularly as guidance changes. Eventually normal service will be fully resumed but only when appropriate and safe to do so. I appreciate that some of these changes will add a layer of inconvenience to your experience with The Coalville Computer Nerd but I hope you’ll understand why these steps have been put in place.
Changes to the way we work
COVID-19 transmission risk is being reduced by carrying out the following measures:
- Hand washing and surface cleaning.
- Spending as little time touching surfaces as possible.
- Maintaining two metres social distancing at all times whenever possible.
- Wearing a mask when meeting people and insisting that they also wear a mask.
- Cleaning equipment at the start and end of each job.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anybody refusing to adhere to COVID-19 precautions if it is causing unnecessary or avoidable risks of transmission.
Changes to collections and deliveries
The Coalville Computer Nerd has always offered a free collection and delivery service for customers within the Coalville area. These are now carried out contactlessly whenever possible whereby when I arrive at a time we have arranged I will knock on the door and retreat to a safe distance ready for you to place your equipment on the doorstep for me to collect. Deliveries are also handled contactlessly.
Changes to on-site visits
On-site home and office visits will be possible now with the following conditions:
- If it’s possible to carry out the repair contactlessly rather than on site, that will be done instead. I cannot stress enough how important it is that home visits are still avoided wherever possible.
- Face masks must be worn by everybody in the room to reduce the risk of the virus spreading if any of us are asymptomatically carrying COVID-19. I will also be wearing a face mask.
- A 2m distance is to be maintained throughout the visit. If that’s not possible at all times it must be maintained for as much of the visit as possible.
- I will wash my hands when entering the building and before exiting.
- I will keep physical contact with any surfaces to the minimum amount required to carry out the work.
Changes to visits to The Coalville Computer Nerd office
It is not possible to safely social distance within my office so face-to-face consultations at my office at The Springboard Centre are currently suspended. I will be able to receive deliveries of your equipment to my office contactlessly if you prefer to deliver your equipment instead of using the free collection service but unfortunately you won’t be able to enter my office while doing so.